SALC’s Business and Human Rights work is integrated within its other programmatic areas and focuses on the following objectives:
- To promote corporate accountability for violations of international law and human rights through advocacy and strategic litigation.
- To address accountability gaps resulting from corporate harm to the environment and climate.
- To address corporate complicity in international crimes and human rights violations.
- Zambia: Challenging illegal deforestation and encroachment of Kasanka National Park and the Kafinda Game Management Area.
- Zambia: Challenging the taking over of customary land and allocation to commercial farmers and the destruction of property and contamination of the environment without consent or compensation.
- Malawi: Protecting rural women from negative impacts of the extractive industries.
- Malawi: Challenging uncompensated disturbances, damages, loss and suffering due to extensive to extensive mining and prospecting operations.