Legal intern and fellows
The Southern Africa Litigation Centre (SALC) is looking for interns and fellows to work in our offices in Johannesburg, South Africa. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, but applicants are encouraged to get their application in as soon as possible, indicating dates of availability. Interns and fellows will work at the SALC offices under the supervision of one of SALC’s programme lawyers. Responsibilities may include legal research and writing, including international and comparative law research; factual research on specific legal cases; bluebooking and fact-checking legal filings; assisting in maintaining SALC’s website; and assisting staff in organising conferences and seminars. Please note that the position is unpaid.
- Interest in human rights issues;
- Basic knowledge of international and regional human rights laws and instruments;
- Experience working in or focusing on southern Africa preferred;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; Portuguese or French is highly desirable;
- Excellent research skills including online sources;
- Well-organised, self-motivated and reliable.
Interested applicants should:
- Complete the below form;
- Attach a letter of interest;
- Attach detailed CV;
- Attach an unedited writing sample.
Note: All file uploads must be in pdf or docx format. Combined total size of the documents should not exceed 5MB.