Who we are
The Southern Africa Litigation Centre (SALC) is a non-governmental regional organisation based in Johannesburg (South Africa) that promotes and advances human rights, democratic governance, the rule of law and access to justice in Southern Africa through strategic litigation, advocacy and capacity strengthening. SALC’s mandate recognises the role that domestic recognition, observance, and application of international law can play in providing content to State obligations to respect, protect, promote and fulfil human rights. SALC staff includes personnel based in Botswana, Malawi, Zambia, Eswatini and Namibia.
SALC’s international justice cluster focuses on seeking accountability for international crimes and grave human rights violations committed by individuals and corporate actors. To fulfil these objectives, SALC litigates as a party and intervenes as amicus curiae before domestic courts in the region of Southern Africa as well as international courts like the International Criminal Court (ICC) and the African Court on Human and Peoples’ Rights.
Who we seek
A fundraising consultant to strengthen and support the fundraising objectives of SALC’s international justice cluster, in consultation with the international justice cluster lead. We offer the opportunity to work remotely. The position is limited to five months with an estimated 30 working days over the period of the consultancy.
- Support short- and long-term fundraising goals of the international justice cluster
- Review communication and outreach strategies to optimise fundraising efforts
- Mapping and identifying potential donors based on thematic and regional focus
- Developing grant proposals and application documents on identified donor opportunities
- Written short and long-term fundraising strategy developed with the International Justice Cluster Lead, including but not limited to fundraising methods and activities
- Develop outreach strategies to engage new donors and strengthen strategies to maintain and engage key donors
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience as a fundraiser for NGOs
- Previous experience in the international criminal justice sector
- Proficiency in developing grant proposals and fundraising strategies
- Proficiency in mapping potential donors
- Working proficiency in English
- Excellent teamwork, organisation and communication skills
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest and detailed CV
Note: All file uploads must be in pdf or docx format. Combined total size of the documents should not exceed 5MB.