The Southern Africa Litigation Centre (SALC) is looking for interns to work in our offices in Johannesburg, South Africa. Interns will work at the SALC offices under the supervision of one of SALC’s programme lawyers. Responsibilities may include legal research and writing, including international and comparative law research; factual research on specific legal cases; bluebooking and fact-checking legal filings; assisting in maintaining SALC’s website; and assisting staff in organizing conferences and seminars.
- Rising 3L preferred;
- Interest in human rights issues;
- Basic knowledge of international and regional human rights laws and instruments;
- Experience working in or focusing on southern Africa preferred;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; Portuguese or French is highly desirable;
- Excellent research skills including online sources;
- Well-organized, self-motivated and reliable.
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest, a detailed CV and an unedited writing sample to Pamela Timburwa, email@example.com